Important Notice: Vehicle Sign Care
Care and use of magnetic sheet used for vehicle signs
The use of magnetic sheet for vehicle signs may, in exceptional circumstances, result in damage to vehicle paintwork. The following advice is therefore given to minimise the risk of such damage occurring. Whilst our own extensive tests have not given rise to any incidences of damage to paintwork whilst following the advice given on the care sheet, Anchor Magnets do not guarantee that there will not be an adverse reaction between the magnetic sheet and the vehicle paintwork.
- Do not apply magnetic sheet to newly painted surfaces, especially non-factory applied finishes.
- Do clean and polish the application area of the vehicle with a high quality wax polish, ensuring that both the vehicle and magnet are clean and dry prior to placing the magnetic sheet on the paintwork.
- Do ensure that the magnetic sign is removed regularly, cleaned with soapy water, not solvents, rinsed, dried and re-applied. Ideally this should be done daily but at least every two days. In very hot weather, it MUST be done daily.
- Do ensure that all of the magnetic sheet is in contact with the vehicle (avoid heavily contoured areas) to ensure maximum performance and thus avoid movement of the sign whilst in use at motorway speeds.
- Do not use on body panels containing plastic filler since this will drastically reduce the magnetic performance
- When not in use, keep the magnetic sign flat - preferably store it on a flat steel surface to avoid the magnetic face attracting airborne ferrous dust.
Note to Distributors & Sign Makers
It is in your own interest that the contents of this care sheet are communicated to your own clients since Anchor Magnets do not have any contractual obligations to them. All sales of magnetic sheet are subject to Anchor Magnets Terms and Conditions of Sale, Document QD50, Rev 2 March 2004